Monday, January 16, 2012

"Little" Sweet Wedding Moments

            I guess it’s been a while (once again) since I’ve blogged… no surprise there! There have been a million “little things” and “big things” going on in my world these days. In keeping with the “little things” theme, I’ve been hearing a lot these past few weeks, “Don’t get caught up in the little things” from several different people. With this entire wedding process, I think Alan and I have done very well in resisting the urge of getting caught up in the little things. I think I’ve had to remind Alan a few times and vice versa to remember its all about the marriage, but that’s normal I’m sure. There have been a few snags and problems with things, but for the most part I haven’t let it bother me. I’m leaving all the “getting caught up in the little things” to the Moms. J They seem to be handling all the “little things” very well.
            But the more I think about it, I think people mean to say “don’t let the little things that go wrong ruin it all”. I do plan on getting caught up in a million “little things” that will be happening this entire week. The little moments I get to spend with my bridesmaids (some of my best friends) like lunch, getting our nails and toes done, and just hanging out before I get married. Saturday, I hope that I absorb ALL the “little things” throughout the entire day. The way Alan looks at me when he sees me in my wedding dress, the moments before the wedding with my Dad, getting ready with my Mom and bridesmaids.
             Like I’ve said before, it’s the smallest things that can make the biggest impact on your life. My cousin gave me a cookie jar this weekend that was my grandmother’s. It happened to be made the Christmas right after I was born and was made by my Aunt Margaret for my grandmother. Each side had a list of the grandkids and what they called our Ninny (Mamaw). Alan and I also got our first Bible with both of our names on it from my Noni. It is absolutely beautiful! These were both very meaningful gifts and yet might be seen as “little” by some people. I LOVE the “little things” that will be experienced by Alan and me this next week and will cherish every moment of it.
            Next time I blog, I will be Mrs. Alan Sweet!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love it!! Get caught up in the little things! That is where all the really special things happen :) I'll be praying for you and your little moments.

    ReplyDelete